Friday, September 25, 2015

New York FIlm Festival 2015 Projections Program 3

One of the least collections in the Projection series. The films largely bored me.

A DISTANT EPISODE- A film by Ben Rivers, one of my least favorite directors. A black and white film shot around a film being shot in Morocco giving the appearance of long ago events. Meh. Its suppose to mystical it just looks like random movie rushes with a weird soundtrack.

IN GIRUM IMUS NOCTE- a burning boat gives way to miners waking in the dark. I started to nod off...

HALF HUMAN HALF VAPOR- lots of black screen with an occasional image. I fell sleep

OCCIDENTE- A cinematic poem about ecology. While I didn't particularly care for it, I found it to be a breath of fresh air because it actually felt like it was made by a director trying to do more than coast- which is how I felt about the other films in this collection.

YOLO- filmed in the remains of a cinema a bunch of kids fart  around with the camera. Very much not my cup of tea

I was not given access to AH HUMANITY!

The collection plays October 2 & 3. For tickets and more information go here

No comments:

Post a Comment