Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Suspension (2007)


Because it’s really not possible to review a six minute abstract art video with more than “Oh Wow- why can’t I see this on a huge screen” I will say that I did see Nicolas Provost‘s Suspension and it blew me away.

A six minute mirrored image of “clouds” in forward and reverse is a purely visceral experience where the image, there is no sound, grabs hold of you and sucks you in. Your eye bounces from bit to bit trying to make sense of what you’re seeing, adding in details, faces and forms that aren’t there in a never ending metamorphosis of white, black and grey.

Seeing this was one of my favorite things in 2014 so far- with the really annoying thing being I could see it only once, I couldn’t stop it and I couldn’t rewind it.

Track this down- preferably somewhere where you can see it really big.

No comments:

Post a Comment