Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bukowski

Sometime great things come in small packages. Such is the case with Bukowski, a wonderful 10 minute short film about 12 year old who is reading Bukowski's Pleasures of the Damned while on vacation. Late one night he gets out of bed and begins to wander the hotel spouting Bukowski-isms to the hotel staff. What happens is the movie.

Actually what happens is lots of laughs. There is something about the little guy wandering the halls with a glass of apple juice that is just genuinely funny.

I loved this film. This was the best of the films that I saw at the New Directors New Films Series. Actually this was one of the best films from the first part of 2011.

You have to see this if you want a few really good laughs.

(I'll post it if I find it on line- and if you find it- please let me know- cause damn this is funny)

No comments:

Post a Comment