Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Schedule of the New York International Children's FIlm Festival is up

The schedule is up for this years New York International Children's Film Festival is up. Please go take a look.... and then buy tickets, there are some real winners there.

Some of the highlights are as follows:

The opening night gala is Mars Needs Moms in 3D. It's based on Berkley Breathed's children's book. I met Breathed when he was touring for the book and he was a blast. The book is wonderful but if you've seen the trailer for the film you know that it's been greatly expanded for the film. I'm probably going to go.

A Cat in Paris is the latest from the people who did Mia and Magoo, which is also playing the festival. Mia is a must see if you want to see beautiful filmmaking. (The spelling difference in my review is because it depends on where you see it as to how it's spelled)

Dreams of Jinsha which was on the Oscar short list for the animated Oscar. It's the East Coast premiere.

Echoes of the Rainbow is playing. Its a film that is about a family in Hong Kong in the mid 1960's. I saw the film at last years NYAFF where it reduced many in the audience to tears. I've loaned the film to several people and they've fallen madly in love with it. While I don't love the film I did like it, and think that if you want to see a sure fire hit see it. (It was also on the short list for the Foreign Language Oscar)

Time of Eve is a complete version of a film that was shown in part at last years festival. For me it's a must see since I saw that part of it last year and I need to see the rest.

And then there are other features and their glorious short programs....Its weeks and weeks of great films. A must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment