Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hi Dharma (2001)


This weeks spiritual series of films collides with April Fools Day in the form of a delightful little comedy from Korea that is summed up easily-Gangsters needing to hide out for a while do so by going to a Buddhist monastery.

You can insert jokes here.

All kidding aside this is one of those films where even though you can write the jokes yourself the film works because of the characters, who lift this up out of the by the numbers rut. But even if you know where its going you really won't care since you'll be having too good a time to care. This is one of the warmest comedies you can find.

I laughed, I cried, well I giggled I kissed two bucks goodbye, literally (Oh the joys of the Chinatown bargain bin).

I think the best thing I can say is it's good enough that I want to see it again and its sequels. I also recommend the film with the caveat that so long as you know what you're getting going in (not high art) you'll have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment